Tuesday 22 March 2016

News: Uckfield WI

You may or may not be aware of the new Uckfield WI group in town which meets on a Tuesday, although judging by the popularity of the exploratory meeting and subsequent 10 minute sign up of 150 members you probably are!


The wonderful founder and president of this group, Leasa, approached me just before the first meeting to ask about my baking club and to see if I'd be up for it becoming a sub-group of the new WI.  After ensuring that it wouldn't change the informal way I run it and that our existing members can still take part, I was delighted to oblige.  I'd already expressed my interest in the new WI anyway and am very lucky to have become one of the members so to be able to run the baking sub-group as part of my baking club is fab.  (And I've signed up to be a committee member as the WI's social media manager too!)


Anyway, if you're new to the club or a WI member and interested in joining us, you can read more about what we do and how we work on the about page.

I will be sharing some more recipes on the blog soon and, of course, the report of our second meeting which is now less than two weeks away!  You still have time to sign up to that meeting (at which places are limited so get in quick of you'd like to come!  I'll be checking out new venues soon in case there's a sudden influx of new members from the WI!) but please let me know by Sunday 27th March at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment